Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Under the Auspices of Assessment

You are invited to the opening reception of "Under The Auspices of Assessment" by David Gibbs.  The reception is Thursday, August 2, from 6-8pm, in the Meadows Gallery.  The show will remain on display through Sept 10. The reception is free and open to the public.

David Gibbs lives in Tuscon, Arizona and is a practicing studio artist in addition to working full-time in the Art Department at the University of Arizona. He received his MA in Sculpture in 2003 from the University of Alabama and his MFA from the University of Arizona in 2010.  His work has been exhibited throughout the country in solo and group exhibitions and his work was included in the 2011 Arizona Biennial.--MG

"I aim to examine and understand the people in my life.  I choose objects with a history, form or function speaking to an aspect of my relationships and work to distill those experiences. Through casting, I remove all specific history of the individual objects shifting attention to how the objects are used and what they are doing rather than where they came from.  I hope my work might move the audience to pause in self-reflection and to perhaps grow to understand their own realities in a new light. " - David Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment